Travel photography can be a richly rewarding part of any trip anywhere. And with a few simple tips you can really jazz up your travel pics to go beyond the normal tourist photo of, say, the Eiffel Tower. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you have the time and the inclination, wait for it! Stay put somewhere and see what develops, see what comes your way. Try not to be in a hurry.
- Try different or unique angles. Look for something different from the normal tourist shot.
- Find things that are unique to the place you are at, that you just don’t see back home.
- Get out early! Stay our late!
- Tell a story, a sequence.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate people sometimes. A lot of the time!
- Color! Look for color!
- Don’t overlook the small, the tiny, what we call the micro/macro world.
- Look for the patterns and shapes in architecture – look beyond just the building itself.
Play with these things and you are sure to enjoy your travel photography more than ever!